Efficient and reliable solutions for cold rooms, food service and the cold chain
Commercial refrigeration segment includes very varied applications critical in everyday life. Food safety in the dairy, meat, fisheries and other food industries relies on an unbroken and efficient cold chain from field to fork. This cold chain preservation is also crucial in the pharmaceutical industry.
Other decisive criteria are compliance with hygiene and food safety regulations, but also energy and refrigerant regulations, maintenance and operating costs. These factors have an impact on all market players from OEMs to wholesalers, installers to shop owners.
Our solutions fit the very diverse needs of the Food Service applications for restaurants, catering, canteens etc., Specialty Retail for butchers, bakeries, etc., Process Cooling in lab/medical, fruit ripening chambers, etc., Convenience Stores, petrol stations, discount stores and Pharmacies.
Our extensive portfolio includes:
- Condensing units: housed plug and play and indoor open frame condensing units providing high energy efficiency, reliability, food safety and low noise operation. Easy to install, service and maintain, using lower-GWP refrigerants
- Compressors: fixed speed, variable speed scrolls and reciprocating designed with high efficiency motors from ½ to 20HP
- VLT Drives: an extensive portfolio of drives dedicated to refrigeration compressors and fans
- Heat exchangers: micro channel heat exchangers (MCHE) for reduction of refrigerant charges and optimized heat transfer in condenser
- Controls, sensors and valves: an extensive range developed to monitor and optimize the operation and temperatures
- System protectors: such as filter driers, check valves, ball valves to secure system functioning
All are supplied with online technical documentation, including approvals and certifications for any market. Training programs are available in Danfoss Learning. For product selection, please go to Coolselector®2 and Hexact.
Features and benefits
Reliable and sturdy solutions to preserve the cold chain and protect perishables in different climate types
Several technology and refrigerant options to maximize efficiencies, from applied to maintenance costs
Unique application expertise and Application Development Center capabilities to reduce development time
Compact and low sound level solutions for use even in residential areas
Refrigerants in the HVACR industry
New and evolving regulations on refrigerants can make it a challenge to stay up-to-date on current trends and cause uncertainty. Danfoss is committed to providing you with the best and latest information, so you make confident decisions about the refrigerants you use with our products and in HVACR applications.
Coolselector®2: We did complex. You do awesome.Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Coolselector®2 is essential software for engineers, consultants, and system designers who work in the refrigeration and air conditioning industry. Using Coolselector®2, you can easily optimize energy consumption and increase efficiency in your HVACR system — simply run calculations based on your operating conditions and then choose the best component setup for your design.
Moving on from R404A: we’re ready when you areTuesday, January 29, 2019
It is now less than a year until R404A is banned in new commercial refrigeration applications in Europe, and from 2020 onwards, only recycled refrigerants can be used for servicing. Danfoss is ready with a wide wide range of components for popular choices like R448A, R449A, R513A, and R452A and more – and free digital tools to help you choose.