Maximum performance in limited spaces
Airflex air-cooled disc clutches and brakes excel in a wide range of applications. With favorable torque-to-size ratios and options with low-inertia friction disc assemblies, they provide maximum performance in limited spaces.
- Full annular friction for higher energy performance and smaller package size compared to calipers
- Torque rating - High torque capacity to package size ratio
- Flexible design - Spring- or pressure applied, multiple disc units
Air-cooled models available:
- Floating Housing Brake (FHB) – Completely redesigned disc brake for dragline applications
- DBBS brakes – Third generation spring-applied disc brake
- DBB brakes – Second generation spring-applied disc brake with low inertia
- DBA brake – The original design with 1000’s of installations still in use
- DC clutches and brakes – Air-applied design for better torque control
Floating Housing Brake (FHB)
An air-cooled, spring-applied brake specifically designed to maximize safety and machine uptime. Designed with floating housings instead of floating rotors, the FHB increases the life of friction linings and extends the time between friction changes. In addition, FHB eliminates rotor spline wear and periodic brake adjustments which maximizes dragline uptime while minimizing maintenance costs.
DBBS high-torque brakes
When you need precise balance of rotating components - even at high operating speeds—trust the reliable performance of Airflex DBBS disc-style brakes. These spring-applied and air- or hydraulically released brakes are engineered to dissipate heat. This, plus high torque capacities, makes DBBS brakes ideal for the most demanding, non-cyclic applications.
DBB low inertia brakes
Airflex DBB disc-style brakes are the ideal solution for cyclic applications where heat dissipation is critical, including bottling equipment, power shovels, shears and power presses. Spring-applied and air or hydraulically released, these brakes feature long-wearing, self-lubricating PolyPak seals to eliminate premature twisting failure.
DBA disc brake
Spring-applied and pressure-released, Airflex DBA disc-style brakes are available with either solid or ventilated discs to match the speed of the application. Featuring large friction areas to absorb and dissipate energy, DBA brakes are ideal for machinery that requires high-cyclic or high-inertia stops such as draglines, power shovels and conveyors.
DC clutches and brakes
Airflex’s leading air-applied, air-cooled option allows for the same torque capacity in a smaller package. Available in single- or multiple-disc designs, these feature long-wearing, self-lubricating PolyPak seals to eliminate premature twisting failure.