The brain of your Smart Store
The Danfoss System Manager is the key component of the intelligent ADAP-KOOL® refrigeration and HVAC systems for food retail. The System Manager is the brain of the system, coordinating data to and from the individual refrigeration and HVAC controllers, including temperature data for logging and alarms. The System Manager can be set up to optimize different functions such as suction pressure and coordinated defrosting, resulting in significant energy savings and optimum temperature control.
System Manager AK-SM 800A
The System Manager AK-SM 800A series is an enhancement of the global System Manager 800, built on a new powerful electronics platform with a focus on efficiency in setup and service while remaining its deep application coverage for food retail. Some of the highlights of the AK-SM 800A series include:
- New electronics platform: Quad Core CPU providing extended memory, additional connectivity ports, and altogether a platform for future growth.
- Deep application coverage created for food retail: Supporting the different applications seen around the world including both Centralized (Rack I/O) and De-Centralized (Pack, controls) applications.
- Enhanced UI: New, yet familiar local Touch screen UI, supported by web browser interface for remote connection.
- Secure operation: Secure Web communications (HTTPS), Secure software package downloads, Encrypted user administration.
- Wi-Fi Access Point: Secure Wi-Fi access point to allow for easier connection (without disrupting corporate network).
- Retro-fit ready: Backward compatible including EoL/legacy system control functions and a smooth upgrade path from SC255/SC355/SM800.
- Additional data: Extended history capacity, and full EDF file library support.
With the AK-SM 800A Danfoss is implementing industry best practice for secure operations and maintenance of our customer's systems, including:
- Encrypted web traffic (HTTPS)
- Password management
- E-mail encryption
- User authorization
- Network isolated WIFI with timeout
- Backward compatible XML interface (now requires secure HTTPS connection)
- Built-in firewalls
- Continued security updates
Features and benefits
Supports full suite of Danfoss smart store controls
Proven built-in ADAP-KOOL® energy-saving functions
Powerful support tools to enhance setup and commission
Secure operation; Implementing industry best practices for IT Security.
Supports refrigeration optimization with CALM (CO2 Adaptive Liquid Management)
Danfoss ADAP-KOOL® software
Danfoss ADAP-KOOL® optimized systems provide the total store solution for our customers. Through its various tools it offers simulation, programming for setup, commissioning, log collection and presentation, handling alarms and daily monitoring of refrigeration plants.
AK-LM 340A is a complete monitoring unit with the option of regulation functions via relay switches, stepper valves, PWM outputs and voltage outputs. The monitoring unit is used to detect temperature, pressure and functions in and around appliance cases and cold rooms for commercial and industrial cooling. The monitoring unit is equipped with data communication and is operated via a PC.
Alsense Food Retail - IoT cloud application for supermarkets
Welcome to Alsense IoT food retail services, the newest cloud solution from Danfoss Cooling for supermarkets and food retail applications. Our service offering is a sustainable, scalable and secure portal for optimizing the performance of food retail operations. It’s the technology you want to easily reach the efficiencies you need.
Your refrigeration system is the natural place to look for energy efficiency gains. To unlock that potential, you need a controller, expansion valve, and high accuracy sensors that are smart enough to make the technology work together—and a system manager that can help you see and control the bigger picture.
A new shade of green for grocery stores
The supermarket aktiv & irma in Oldenburg, Germany, has pressed the start-button to a solution enabling it to store and generate electricity. The grocery store’s manager calls it a leap forward in energy supply. Danfoss and SMA have helped make it happen. Learn how.
French retailer saves up to 46% on the energy bill
By integrated control of refrigeration, HVAC and lighting, leading French retailer saved 46 % on the energy bill during nighttime and weekends, and 20 % during daytime. The integrated control system has now been implemented in more than 700 stores across France.