Danfoss Commercial Compressors History
30 year Anniversary - Danfoss Commercial Compressors !
Danfoss Commercial Compressors celebrates 30 year Anniversary: we started from Maneurop acquisition in 1993 and became a world leading compressors manufacturer with our innovative solutions. And we are ready for the future to drive the green transition.
Danfoss Commercial Compressors is a leading manufacturer of fixed and variable speed scroll and reciprocating compressors, condensing units, and a pioneer of centrifugal oil free compressor technology with the Turbocor® compressors. These solutions are used in a variety of applications in the air conditioning, refrigeration and heat pump markets globally. By adding BOCK® semi-hermetic world-leading technology to the extensive portfolio of compressors, Danfoss has consolidated its position as the leading provider of greener cooling and heating solutions.
Our Innovations Timeline
- 1971 Maneurop S.A. is registered. Compressors are produced under license.
- 1978 A new plant is opened in Reyrieux (near Lyon), France.
Why Maneurop compressors are blue?
One of the former Maneurop Director was found of racing cars and especially the Renault Gordini. He selected that specific blue Renault Gordini color for the compressors which is still used for the Danfoss Commercial Compressors.
1989: A new plant is opened in Anse (near Lyon), France.
- 1992: Maneurop is the first European manufacturer of scroll compressors.
- 1993: Maneurop, manufacturer of compressors for air conditioning and refrigeration applications, with 2 sites in France (Reyrieux and Anse) joined the Danfoss group.
- 1996: Opening of the new R & D technical center and laboratories.
World-wide launch of Performer scroll compressors.
- 1997: The Anse factory is now fully dedicated to the production of scroll compressors.
- 1998: Maneurop S.A. becomes Danfoss Maneurop Commercial Compressors.
- 2001: Danfoss Maneurop is the first compressor manufacturer to launch a 25 Ton scroll, the largest on market.
- 2003: Danfoss Maneurop becomes Danfoss Commercial Compressors (DCC).
- 2006: Launch of a new light commercial scroll compressors platform.
Acquisition of Scroll Technologies (USA) extending the Danfoss scroll range from 3 to 30 Ton.
- 2008: Launch of Inverter scroll compressors.
- 2010: Launch of the first heating optimized Danfoss scroll, PSH.
- 2011: Setting up of ATEX lab, Europe’s first laboratory accredited for testing of flammable refrigerants in Lyon.
- 2013: Full acquisition of Danfoss Turbocor®.
2018: Danfoss Commercial Compressors is expanding its existing ATEX (Explosive Atmosphere) compressor testing laboratory located in Trévoux, France.
- 2019: Compressor factory in Wuqing recognized as one of the world’s smartest by the World Economic Forum and Mc Kinsey and Company
- 2020: Danfoss set an ambitious target to become carbon-neutral in all the company’s global operations by 2030 based on science-based targets.
- 2022: Launch of OptymaTM iCO2, first R744 condensing unit range. Launch of DSG scroll optimized for R1234ze, very low GWP refrigerant.
- 2023: Opening of the green refrigerant compressors laboratory in China.
- 2023: Acquisition of BOCK GmbH, a world leader in CO₂ and low-GWP compressors utilized in cooling and heating applications. Danfoss continues its natural refrigerant compressors development with the release of the VZN Inverter scroll with R290.
Danfoss Commercial Compressors is a leading manufacturer of fixed and variable speed scroll and reciprocating compressors, condensing units, and a pioneer of centrifugal oil free compressor technology with the Turbocor® compressors.
By adding the BOCK® semi-hermetic compressor ranges to its extensive portfolio, Danfoss offers a wide portfolio of natural and low GWP compressor technologies to cover HVAC-R applications.
Happy 30 year Anniversary to Danfoss Commercial Compressors!
Highlights from 90 years of engineering tomorrow to build a better future
Danfoss 90 years Anniversary
Our journey to building a better future began on September 1, 1933, when Mads Clausen founded Danfoss in his parents’ farmhouse in Nordborg, Denmark.
We are now celebrating our 90-year anniversary as a company that's stronger than ever and ready for the future.