Danfoss Heat Exchangers has joined forces with Danfoss Commercial Compressors to establish an in-house test capability for propane. The capability expansion follows the call for natural refrigerants and the high demand for residential heat pumps.
“The new test rig will accelerate the development of our new brazed plate heat exchangers optimized for natural refrigerants. These cutting-edge heat exchangers will help our customers meet new F-gas regulations by improving system efficiency and minimizing refrigerant charge, which will significantly reduce CO2 emissions,” explains Kaike Xu, Director, Product Management, Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers at Danfoss.
The new test rig is located in the ATEX*-certified lab in Trevoux in France.
“Danfoss Climate Solutions supports the transition to natural refrigerants, and for our brazed plate heat exchangers, the preferred refrigerant is propane. By establishing the new test rig, we are close to our European customers and can benefit from the strong knowledge of propane that we have in our compressor business. We look forward to many new and exciting tests,“ commented Gregory Touron, Head of RD&E, Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers, Danfoss.
About the new propane test rig
- Located in Trevoux ATEX lab – contact your local sales agent for requesting a test
- The test rig is dedicated to testing of brazed plate heat exchangers
- Complements our system testing capabilities in Danfoss Climate Solutions Application Development Centers
- 10 to 150kW
- Testing evaporator and condenser
- Possibility to test with water and brine
* ATEX certification is given to equipment that has gone through rigorous testing outlined by European Union directives. Products that are ATEX compliant have been proved safe to use in specific environments with explosive atmospheres, according to the zone/s they are certified to be used in. Source: Equipment for potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX) (europa.eu)