Power, manual or hybrid braking
Achieve the perfect feel with Danfoss brake valves. With decades of experience designing custom solutions for mobile machinery, Danfoss has perfected the art of turning calculations into a braking system that gives you – and your operators – exactly what you want. With our full range of power, manual and hybrid brake valves, we can help you increase machine performance and productivity.
- Function - Power, manual or hybrid braking
- Pressure - Up to 3,600 psi (250 bar)
- Applications - 50 to 500hp mobile machinery
Brake valve basics
Danfoss brake valves are available in power, manual and hybrid styles with single or double spools. Double-spool brake valves feature two identical valves mounted together in the same casting, which can be used together or separately for brake-assisted turning. Danfoss brake valves function in two modes: power and manual backup. In power mode, the valve operates like a pressure-reducing valve. In manual mode, the valve operates as a two-stage pump for increased system safety.
Achieve the perfect feel
Braking systems are less about specifications and more about “feel” for the operator. At Danfoss, we work closely with OEMs to understand what they’re looking for in a braking system, then design a solution to match. We fit the valve to the application, not the other way around.
Increase machine performance and operator productivity
Get the system you want without sacrificing performance. Depending on valve type, Danfoss brake valves can:
- Increase safety through emergency backup capability, which seamlessly transfers from powered to manual braking with no change in pedal effort
- Reduce costs by eliminating the need for accumulators, charging valves and associated plumbing and electronics
- Increase efficiency through elimination of accumulators
- Reduce braking force with powered valves
- Enable actuation with separate left and right brake pedals for differential braking or with one pedal for both sides
- Improve straight-line braking in dual-pedal applications through a built-in balancing feature
- Ease installation through flange mounting and a self-bleeding function
In our digital catalog you can find product specifications, literature and helpful tools like product configurators, 2D/3D models, cross reference, crimp specs and many more.