Ensure your positioning and synchronization are precise and cost-effective
To optimize performance, many applications in the Food and Beverage industry, such as conveyors, palletizers and packaging machines, have a need for precise positioning and synchronization.
To date, positioning and synchronization operations have been performed using servo drives. However, servo equipment is expensive, difficult to commission and requires additional cabling. And many applications do not require the dynamic performance available from a servo drive.
The Danfoss Drives Integrated Motion Controller (IMC) is functionality configurable in the software of the VLT® AutomationDrive FC 302 that enables an AC drive to perform high-precision positioning and synchronization operations without the need for additional modules or hardware.
Advantages of IMC
- Reduced costs and system complexity
- Works with all conventional motor technologies with closed loop or open loop control with no need for additional hardware
- No need for the complex programming required for many servo drives
- Drives are adapted to applications through simple parameterization
- Sensorless homing with torque detection
- In many cases no need for encoder feedback
Perfection in positioning and synchronization
The new, optional Integrated Motion Controller (IMC) makes VLT® AutomationDrive FC 302 different. Thanks to the IMC functionality, the VLT® AutomationDrive FC 302 is now a competitive performer in positioning or synchronizing applications - with no additional hardware modules required.