Reduce complexity and enhance performance in your application with the improved Smart Logic Controller (SLC) integrated into each VLT® drive. In many cases, you will no longer need a PLC, thanks to this simple extra programming capacity now built into the drive. The extended SLC is more advanced than the previous version, equipped with four (instead of one) sequential loops and up to 20 function blocks per loop.
Extended SLC is a big improvement on the previous one-loop SLC. Your benefits include:
- Flexible adaption to the application
- Less complexity with fewer external components: In some applications, drives equipped with the extended SLC can replace a PLC such as Siemens LOGO
- No need for IEC 61131 programming skills. Easy programming via the logic controller wizard in MCT 10
The extended SLC is standard for VLT® AutomationDrive FC 302, VLT® AQUA Drive FC 202, VLT® Refrigeration Drive FC 103, and VLT® HVAC Drive FC 102.
To use the extended SLC, you will need VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 10 version 5.11 as minimum. Please note that the plug-in is not backwards compatible.
Extended SLC is integrated for the following software versions:
- FC 102: software version 5.70 onwards
- FC 103: software version 2.70 onwards
- FC 202: software version 3.80 onwards
- FC 302: software version 8.60 onwards