Increase the attractiveness of your multi-family building with solutions from Danfoss...
Danfoss is a leading expert of controls for multifamily buildings that help to optimize HVAC system efficiency, and benefit many types of users.
Achieve a better return on investment while reducing environmental impact, increasing comfort and safety for tenants and residents, and an easy installation process for installers.
Did you know that more than 85% of multi-family buildings have inefficient heating systems?
Major complaints beside very little heat in a city apartment, is an overheated apartment. New Yorkers’ solution to overheated apartments for years has been to open up their windows, to release some of the heat trapped in their apartments. Many of these buildings are overheated simply because they have a hard time ensuring that every apartment is heated. So some apartments in the same building might be overheating while other apartments might just have enough heat to comply with local codes and laws.
There are solutions for these old apartment buildings that have problems with overheating by their water or steam radiators. The EPA, EEFA, and other environmental agencies recommend installation of thermostatic radiator valves or TRVs on every radiator in the building. Most TRVs do not require electricity, are easy to install by almost any handy person, and are very economical. TRVs have a built-in sensor that opens and closes the radiator according to the temperature in the room, providing an individualized comfort control to any room.
RA2000 TRVs help to dial down energy costs by 20%.
Danfoss thermostatic radiator valves or TRVs, are effective & simple solutions available in a wide variety of inlet supply patterns, connections, & sizes to fit your installation needs. The operator & valve are selected separately based on the application. Whether you're looking for a tamper-proof option, installing on a radiator versus a convector, Danfoss can help assist with selecting the correct option for your building.
- Increased building efficiency and energy savings
- Reduced annual heating service and maintenance costs
- Happy and comfortable tenants
- High quality, durable products that will pay for themselves
- Tamper proof options
- Options for various budgets
- Utility rebate & incentive program access
- Reliable and silent heating technology that's easy to install & operate
- Friendly and knowledgeable support staff
For residents and tenants
- Individual room control - get the temperature you set
- 'Set and forget' heating controls
- No noisy heating system
- Modern heating technology that increases overall building efficiency, using less energy, and is better for the environment
- Affordable rent and utilities with no surprises
- Quick mounting, simple to install products
- Reliable solutions for your business
- Strength & durability - deep fitted, secure design with precise calibration
- Versatility - Valves for both steam and hot water applications
- Easy to download installation instructions
- Friendly and knowledgeable support staff
Local Utility Programs
Did you know most gas utilities help to maximize savings by offering either incentives and/or rebates to install TRVs, depending upon your system?
For additional details on current programs that can help you save extra money on TRV installations see links below.
Danfoss and Hago®, are world leaders in manufacturing precision spray nozzles to serve a wide variety of applications, capacities and spray angles. We offer both stainless steel and brass varieties and every single one of our nozzles is efficiency tested for performance.
Danfoss and Hago® Nozzles - bringing you performance, quality and reliability for over 80 years.
Engineering Tomorrow lowers apartments’ heating cost to less than $50 annually
In recent years, average rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Brooklyn’s Bushwick neighborhood has skyrocketed to more than $3,000 a month, excluding utilities. That’s why New York City’s Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and Ridgewood Bushwick Senior Citizens Council (RBSCC) came together to develop Knickerbocker Commons.
NYC Apartment building solves overheating issue with thermostatic radiator valves
The city of New York, undertakes an impressive effort to prepare the city for one million more residents, strengthen its economy, combat climate change and enhance the quality of life for all New Yorkers.
Results of study show potential annual energy savings of ~$100 million if TRVs were installed in every NYC multifamily building.