- SEMIKRON and Danfoss Silicon Power join forces in a new business called Semikron Danfoss.
- Semikron Danfoss will invest significantly in innovation, technology, and capacity to enable customers’ future growth plans.
- Semikron Danfoss will retain the two main locations in Germany, Nuremberg and Flensburg.
- Claus A. Petersen will lead the new business as CEO.
- Karl-Heinz Gaubatz stepped down from his position as CEO of SEMIKRON on August 22 to focus on his role as CTO and support the merger process until his planned retirement at the end of this year.
SEMIKRON and Danfoss Silicon Power are joining forces to establish the ultimate partner in power electronics. On August 22, less than five months after it was first announced, the new leader in power semiconductor modules started doing business as Semikron Danfoss.
With an existing workforce of more than 3,500 dedicated power electronic specialists, Semikron Danfoss will provide world-class technology expertise to its loyal customer base. The merger comes with a strong growth plan and a firm commitment to future investments, paving the way for green growth and a more sustainable, energy efficient, and decarbonized future.
The newly formed Semikron Danfoss joint business will be owned by the current owner-families of SEMIKRON and the Danfoss Group, with Danfoss being the majority owner. Semikron Danfoss will retain the two main locations in Germany, Nuremberg and Flensburg. All global subsidiaries, production sites, as well as distribution channels will continue.
Semikron Danfoss is a global technology leader in power electronics. Our product offerings include semiconductor devices, power modules, stacks, and systems. In a world that is going electric, Semikron Danfoss technologies are more relevant than ever.
With our innovative solutions for automotive, industrial, and renewable applications, we help the world use energy more efficiently and sustainably, significantly reducing overall CO2 emissions, one of the biggest challenges we face today.
We take care of our employees and create value for our customers by investing significantly in innovation, technology, capacity, and service to deliver best-in-industry performance and a sustainable future.