Engineering tomorrow’s power systems
The Danfoss power stack is a high-quality power conversion assembly and is a major building block in any larger power conversion system. The assembly comprises of stacked and customized IGBTs (insulated-gate bipolar transistors), which gives power system suppliers the opportunity for unique performance parameters, differentiating their products from their competitors'.
For decades, Danfoss has been helping the world’s largest power system suppliers meet stringent reliability, life-time and cost targets by designing, developing, and manufacturing customized power stacks with the overall goal of optimizing system costs, to deliver competitive advantage.
Tailored to your needs. Built to last.
We design our power stacks according to your individual mission profile – from the individual semiconductors that are used in the power modules, to the mechanical dimensions of the power stack and the control functions to be implemented.
With the average lifespan of a power conversion system being 15–20 years, reliability, flexibility (input and output) and efficiency of power stacks are vital. Wind turbine generators and solar parks operate 24/7 and are exposed to extreme weather conditions. This calls for rugged equipment designed for heavy loads and high performance. At Danfoss you instantly benefit from years of expertise in power modules, thermal management, manufacturing and testing of power conversion equipment.
Using a modular design approach, the power stacks are customized to the specific mission profile of your application in a cost-effective manner.
- 380 – 690 VAC
- 500 – 1400A rms
- Liquid cooling using ShowerPower® technology
- Analogue voltage, current and temperature measurements
- Full protection built-in
- Easy paralleling
- Scalable up to 8 MW
- Easy to integrate
Added value for the power system
Choosing a custom-made power stack design offers multiple advantages over standard products:
- High power density
- Modular design, easy paralleling and integration
- Flexible configuration/topology
- Compact and lightweight
- Reliable liquid cooling
- Built for harsh and demanding environments
- Marine & Off-shore
- Wind turbine
- Solar inverter
- Oil, Gas and Mining
- Industrial motor drives and elevators
Power stack technical features
- Efficient and innovative cooling technology
- DC-link film capacitors
- Six PWM signals to control each IGBT
- Hardware interlock between upper and lower switch
- Hardware dead time control
- Multiple logic levels supported (0-5 V, 0-12 V, 0-15 V)
- Fast disabling of inverter output
- Short circuit protection
- Over voltage protection
- Earth fault protection
- Over temperature protection
- External reset
- SPDT fault relay, NO/NC contacts, 230 VAC
- Three analogue current signals
- Analogue DC link voltage
- Three analogue IGBT temperatures