Electronic pressure switches for brake lights
Brake lights serve an important function as they warn the driver behind that your vehicle is slowing down. Off-road vehicles driving on public roads must be equipped with a brake light system according to the road rules.
Although many brake light systems are commonly solved by using a mechanical switch, Danfoss recommends using an electronic switch.
Problems with mechanical switches
- Mechanical switches often leak causing warranty claims
- The electrical contacts can burn out resulting in failure
- The general accuracy is around +/- 5%
- The set point can drift over time
- Over and burst pressure limitation due to moving parts
Features and benefits
Electronic pressure switches have 100% welded construction so no leakage possible
No electrical contacts to burn out
Highly accurate – better than 2% typical
No set point drift
Over and burst pressure advantage due to fully welded design
All the advantages from the "world" of transmitters in relation to vibration shock etc.
A more reliable brake system
Less wear outs of the switch due to no mechanical parts
Reduced warranty claims