Recalibrate the way you look at Gas Detection for industrial refrigeration
As the world’s leading industrial refrigeration innovator, Danfoss is pleased to introduce a new range of fixed gas detectors for industrial refrigeration applications. The new digital gas detectors are not only compliant and accurate, but are also much easier and intuitive to work with, from initial specification to long term operation.
Next Generation Gas Detection—Plug and Play
The next generation of Danfoss gas detectors are based on a digital platform that delivers multiple communication and integration options for improved operational reliability, easy calibration and maintenance procedures that enable high service efficiency and regulatory compliance. Additionally, the intuitive user-interface provides a high level of accuracy to simplify operator handling that minimizes operational, settings, and calibration error risks. The portfolio ranges from basic to heavy duty models with sensor technology to match the specific refrigerant, application, and safety requirements of your refrigeration system.
Benefits of the new gas detection solution:
Easy configuration and installation
- Open Modbus connection enables easy communication with the refrigeration system PLCs
- Stand-alone GD units with integrated relays can be directly connected to external systems.
- The GD Controller Unit comes with 4 alarm relays available for external looped alarm devices, e.g. emergency fans, emergency ventilation, emergency shut-down, etc.
- The Danfoss GD Controller unit enables subsystem and/or unit controlling. In total 96 sensor heads can be handled via Fieldbus + 4 analog input (an additional 28 analog input possible with 7 expansion modules)
- Possible to add up to 7 expansion modules, allowing 7 additional segments with a total of 7200m (23622 ft.) wiring and a total of 32 relays for alarm device circuits.
Calibration and maintenance made easy
- Integrated calibration routine - calibration with gas no longer involves the use of potentiometers and multimeters
- Simplify calibration routine and reduce risk of errors
- On-site calibration - directly on the unit
- Calibration routine executed from the menu in the GD units
- If GD unit with display, it can be performed directly from the unit
- If GD unit without display, it must be performed via the dedicated Service tool or PC tool
- Generic calibration gas and valve/flow regulator with adjustable flow (ml/min.) required (not provided by Danfoss) + Danfoss Calibration Adapter (GD accessory program)
Improved operational reliability and maintenance efficiency
- Service alerts (on unit, controller, or both) to indicate service due - based on number of days in operation). Visual signal depending on product variant
- The GD Controller (Solution or Unit) will provide information on when each of the GD units have service due. This helps you to optimize your service and maintenance planning.
- During the calibration procedure, using the dedicated PC tool enables you to print a field calibration report to support your safety and maintenance documentation.
For more information on the new gas detection solution please contact Danfoss or visit www.gdir.danfoss.com