Doubling up on smart sensor production: Increasing capacity by 130% in 2022 with our factory in Minden, Germany
To meet the digital-driven demands of the future, OEMs in the mobile hydraulics industry must build smarter, safer, and higher-performance machines than ever before. That’s why, in 2022, Danfoss Sensing Solutions will more than double its thin-film pressure sensor production with additional production capacity from our factory in Minden, Germany.
As of January 2022, production of the MBS 1250 and new DST P650 pressure transmitters has scaled by 35%—proving that Danfoss Sensing Solutions is already helping its customers across the globe meet the demand for smart solutions in a variety of mobile hydraulic applications.
“Our increased production capacity supports our ambitious growth plans for the mobile hydraulics pressure sensor portfolio. We now have a full understanding of the market’s needs, and that’s why ensuring free capacity is one of my primary must-win battles—alongside safety and quality—for 2022,” says Kasper Kristiansen, Plant Manager, Danfoss Sensing Solutions Gmbh.
With additional production equipment, a 25% increase in employees, and three dedicated production shifts, Danfoss Sensing Solutions underscores its commitment to helping OEMs serve the rapidly expanding mobile hydraulics market.
Build a future-proof fleet today with the DST P650 pressure transmitter
On the heels of our boosted pressure transmitter production capacity, Danfoss Sensing Solutions is launching the next-generation DST P650, a robust digital ready pressure transmitter delivering future-proof efficiency, reliability, and safety.
With high-performance functionality and a foundation for smart, scalable diagnostics (to be launched later in 2022), the DST P650 is engineered to withstand the harsh environments of agriculture, construction, and material handling applications across the globe.
The Danfoss ASIC high-precision digital signal processor will enable diagnostic features to deliver time-critical data to a user interface for improved safety, increased machine uptime with preventative maintenance, and energy-efficient performance. And with game-changing features such as automatic failure detection combined with 24/7 worldwide remote support from Danfoss, the DST P650 pressure transmitter is a compact yet mighty workhorse at the heart of colossal machinery.
DST P650 Features + Benefits:
- High-Performance Safety: Functional safety compliant according to ISO 13849-1 MTTFd>100 years in accordance to PLc.
- Reliability: Robust shock- and vibration-resistant construction allows for high performance in high electromagnetic applications such as agricultural and construction machines.
- Diagnostics: Automatic failure detection for fast troubleshooting and significantly reduced machine downtime. This feature will be released later in 2022.
- Future-Proof Features: PLUS +1® compliance ensures seamless integration with electrohydraulic products in a customized control system—uniting products in a single tool chain.
- Scalable Platform: The new digital connectivity is programmable according to specific application needs, laying the groundwork for future development.
- Partnership + Application Expertise: Danfoss has over 40 years of frontline market experience combined with industry-leading innovations which means we are prepared to support your journey now and into the future.