Best-in-class PICV with scaling and clogging resistant design
Danfoss AB-QM was the first of its kind control valve for HVAC heating and cooling applications. AB-QM 4.0 is its next level successor.
The basic principles haven’t changed; It is a control valve with automatic flow limitation and built-in differential pressure controller. The control performance is very accurate and the valve has a – still – unique valve authority of 100%.
But the value the AB-QM 4.0 valves provide has improved a lot. AB-QM 4.0 is the best-in-class PICV currently on the market. The AB-QM 4.0 becomes available in DN 15 up to DN 32. There are versions with and without test plugs. And versions with internal or external thread connections. The flow capacity increases to a broad range of 20 l/h up to 6,000 l/h and can accurately be measured with the PFM 1000 measuring instrument via Bluetooth on iOS and Android devices.
AB-QM 4.0 is engineered to be the indisputable best PICV on the market. For example it has a scaling & clogging resistant design, PN25 Nominal Pressure, accurate flow measuring and bi-directional filling and flushing. These provide many advantages for designers, installers and end-users.
PICV's increase the energy efficiency of HVAC heating and cooling systems. AB-QM 4.0 is designed for terminal units such as fan-coil units, climate ceilings and chilled beams. Equipped with one of our actuators they accurately control the room temperature and improve the indoor climate. In case it's equipped with our digital actuator, NovoCon S, it enables HVAC 4.0 systems for smart buildings with Internet of Things (IoT) solutions.
Features and benefits
Specification & installation
- BEST-in-class control performance from 10-100% setting
- NEW visible setting scale with mounted actuator
- NEW accurate flow measuring
- NEW higher flow range
- NEW version with internal thread
- NEW valve body PN25, DN 15-32
- NEW bi-directional filling and flushing
Reliability & robustness
- BEST-in-class reliability and robustness
- NEW scaling and clogging resistant design
- Successful lifetime performance tests
- Extended warranty periods for projects
Connectivity and data (with NovoCon S actuator)
- Plug & play BMS integration with BACnet or Modbus bus communication
- Remote commissioning, flow setting, flushing, error detection
- HVAC data collection
- Predictive maintenance
- Optional Active Energy Management, Remote I/O or 4-pipe ChangeOver
Total Cost of Ownership & Return On Investment
- Lower installation costs
- Shorter handover phase
- Lower running costs
- BEST user comfort
- BEST HVAC system efficiency
New: AB-QM 4.0
Get ready for the next level value of your PICV designs.
|Type||Name||Language||Valid for||Updated||Download||File type|
|Data sheet||AB-QM 4.0 / AB-QM Pressure Independent Control Valves (PICV)||English||Multiple||07 Apr, 2020||2.5 MB|
|Brochure||AB-QM 4.0 Flexo Product leaflet||English||Multiple||10 Jun, 2020||467.2 KB|
|Brochure||AB-QM 4.0 Product leaflet||English||Multiple||07 Jun, 2020||472.1 KB|
|Brochure||Infographic - Actuator selection for AB-QM PICVs||English||Multiple||10 Jun, 2020||1.6 MB|
|Brochure||Infographic AB-QM 4.0 compared to AB-QM||English||Multiple||07 Jun, 2020||1.3 MB|
|Data sheet||PFM 1000 Measuring Instrument||English||Multiple||23 Mar, 2020||228.7 KB|
3D models and drawings
Actuators for PICVs
To take advantage of the combined balancing and control features of Danfoss AB-QM it has to be equipped with actuators controlled by room thermostats or a Building Management System. Danfoss offers a broad range of actuators varying from thermal on-off to digital step motor actuators with bus communication.
NovoCon® Digital actuators
With NovoCon® Danfoss revolutionizes the way hydronic balancing and HVAC control work together. The first of its kind digital HVAC actuators are directly connected with a Building Management System (BMS). This enables System Integrators to design state-of-art, Internet of Things (IoT) solutions.
NEW: NovoCon M, L and XL - Big news for fans of IoT solutions in smart building conceptsMonday, August 3, 2020
New NovoCon® M, L and XL digital actuators for AB-QM Pressure Independent balancing and Control Valves (PICV) complete the series of smart, digital, IoT actuators for hydronic HVAC applications.
New: Digital Design Center – one entry point for all design needsFriday, April 17, 2020
Design engineers, specifiers and consultants are under a constant pressure when looking or the best solutions for their designs and customers. To simplify their work and save time, we have developed a new online platform – Digital Design Center.
The pressure independent balancing and control valve means that the control characteristic is independent from the available pressure. The precise flow control performance of the AB-QM 4.0 with a Danfoss actuator provides increased comfort and superior Total Cost of Ownership. The AB-QM 4.0 ensures and control the required flow on every terminal unit and maintains Hydronic balance in the system.
AB-QM 4.0 has following features:
- Automatic flow limitation function
- Modulating below 1% of set flow, regardless of the setting
- Authority of 1 at all settings
- Able to close against 16 bar of differential pressure
- Polymer (PPSU) components of differential pressure controller and control valve cone
- Linear control characteristic
- Linear setting
- Scale in percentage of flow
- Minimum setting is 10%
- Setting of flow percentage is visible with actuator mounted
- Control ratio 1:1000
- Pressure stage PN25
- All inner brass parts from DZR (CW602N)
- Available in the range from DN 15 – 32 for design flows from 20 – 6,000 l/h from one supplier
- Available with external thread acc. ISO 228/1 and internal thread acc. ISO 7/1
- Available with test plugs for pump optimization and flow measurements (dpcv)
- Flow measurements accuracy according to BS7350:1990
- Characteristic can be changed from linear to equal percentage characteristic at all sizes by adjusting actuator settings
- Filling and flushing is possible in flow and counter-flow direction
- Starting pressure of 16 kPa for DN 15 – DN 20 and 20 kPa for DN 25 – DN 32
- Starting pressure of 32 kPa for DN 15 – DN 32 HF versions
- Leakage rate of no visible leakage for DN 15 - DN 32 in combination with recommended actuator (IEC 60534-4:2007 Class IV)