Haptic electric steering with passive force-feedback
The electric steering input device e-Wheel 100 offers excellent steering controllability in Steer-by-wire fail safe applications. Allowing new cabin design flexibility, increased productivity and reduced operator fatigue.
It provides haptic passive force-feedback, which mimics the feel of conventional mechanically linked steering systems (such as hydro-static enforced feedback).
Features and benefits
- Direct ‘Plug & Play’ solution with PVED CLS steering and safety controller
- Redundant CAN bus message, SIL 2 certified
- Eliminates steering column and increases cabin design flexibility
- Compact and robust design
- Reduced operator fatigue - up to 57% reduced muscle activity and up to 6% increased productivity - when compared to conventional steering
- Better visibility from cabin
- Quick steering (variable steering ratio)
- Smooth steering torque control
ConstructionSpace is limited on construction sites, and there are people working everywhere. Contractors need machines that can safely maneuver in a tight spot. At the same time they still need to be powerful enough to get the job done. At Danfoss, we deliver the components, software, and controls that enable your machines to run safely, efficiently and effectively.
All-wheel steeringAll-wheel steering is one example of how Danfoss is at the forefront of machine versatility. This helps customers getting the most out of their equipment. Electrohydraulic steering system enables operators to manually adjust the steering mode, allowing them to best match machine performance to the task at hand.