Partitioned safety and control application domains
The Danfoss SFX programmable safety controller is an IEC 61508 safety integrity level SIL 2 certified controller designed for stationary and mobile embedded hydraulics system applications. With a rugged mechanical design and unique functional safety features, SFX controllers enable you to develop and certify functionally safe platforms quickly and cost efficiently.
- Key feature - Partitioned safety and control application domains
- Certifications - IEC 61508 pre-certified SIL 2
- Environmental rating - IP67 & IP69K
Partitioned safety application development environment provides greater flexibility
Unlike other embedded controllers, the SFX programmable safety controller partitions safety control application functions through a dual-processor architecture, enabling changes to control applications without impacting safety function certifications. Physical separation of the pre-certified safety and control application domains minimizes the effort to design and integrate new features as well as the time and expense associated with safety certification.
Pre-certification and software configurability helps ease development
The SFX programmable safety controller is IEC 61508 pre-certified SIL 2 to help simplify certification of work, steering and propel safety functions. Need custom functionality? The controller provides white space for custom safety functions that can be independently certified, while configurable I/O enables maximum machine-application flexibility. Plus, a rich library of C-API functions facilitates application software development.
Extreme durability ensures reliable performance
With an industry-proven mechanical enclosure, the SFX programmable safety controller is built to last. The controller features a best-in-class temperature rating of up to 105 °C and a market-leading environmental rating of IP67 and IP69K, giving you a wider range of machine installation options plus reliable performance in rugged applications.
SFX programmable safety controller features
- 12 I/O (SFX12m) or 20 I/O (SFX20m)
- 3 CAN ports
- Compact, fully sealed and potted cast aluminum construction
- Deutsch connectors
- Programmable LED status indicators
- Pre-certified fault detection features (>95% hardware fault coverage)
- Intelligent, programmable fault detection for all I/O
- Independent, pre-certified computer environment for safety functions
- Protected outputs (thermal and overcurrent)
- Reverse polarity protection
In our digital catalog you can find product specifications, literature and helpful tools like product configurators, 2D/3D models, cross reference, crimp specs and many more.