Power Electronics Design Centre, Denmark Facilities
“The 440 square meters dedicated to solar inverter technology, research & development will allow the conducting of a variety of performance and validation testing of not only our existing line of inverters but will accommodate products we look to launch in the near future,” said Per Boysen, Functional Manager PD Support & Product Engineering.
Advanced electronic testing and conditions rendering stations capable of simulating a vast range of climate conditions, as well as electrical environments are available to the engineering team at Danfoss.
Power Electronics Design Centre, Denmark Capabilities
· Product engineering, research and development
· Repetitive testing and validation areas
· Product testing centre for regional certificate compliance
Power Plant Lab
One particular high-tech sector is the Power Plant Lab. “We specifically designed this lab as the ultimate stress test,” said Dr. Søren Bækhøj Kjær, R&D Consultant at Danfoss Solar Inverters. The grid short circuit testing sector can perform Low Voltage Ride Thru (LVRT) testing of inverters up to 200 kVA giving the engineering team the ability to conduct exhaustive default testing of PV inverters in brown-out conditions. “We essentially conduct over 4000 tests per inverter and measure the results to determine validation. Amazingly even after such rigorous testing, the internal components are so durably constructed that the visual affects have to be viewed under a microscope,” Kjær continued.
Power Plant Lab Highlights
· Independent testing centres capable of checking Power Plant control of inverters
· Ability to utilise reactive current to control AC Grid voltage
· PV simulator for 1000 VDC
Power Electronics Design Centre, Denmark Highlights
· Climate Chambers capable of simulating extreme temperatures (-40°
C to +180° C) and humidity conditions (96% RH @ from 20° C) with a
volume range of 40 liters to 3m3
· Reliability Testing: Highly accelerated lifetime testing facilities
· Automated 50 kW, 230 V AC Grid and 1000 V PV simulator
The new lab expansion brings the total Lab facilities to a total of 2600 square meters to meet R&D and personnel demand.
To learn more about the technological capabilities of our design and testing facilities please watch our product development and production Design Centre video below.