Danfoss continues to further develop and improve its VLT frequency drives. The new compact and efficient design of the new Next Generation D-frame drives is the result of innovative thermal management inside the drives.
The design is ours, the benefits are yours:
- The size of the new D-frame frequency drives has been reduced by up to 68% - they use less space in control rooms and in panels and are easier to install. You are saving space, time and money.
- The new IP 20 version is optimized for panel building - providing a higher degree of safety to operators.
- The efficiency of the new D-frame drives has been increased - more energy efficient means reduced operating costs over the lifetime of the frequency converters and shorter pay-back times.
- Back-channel cooling now removes 90% (was 85%) of the heat generated by the drive away from the drive's interior - less heat in the drives means higher reliability and a longer lifetime.
- Conformal coated circuit boards are now standard - offering you increased protection and higher dependability.
Basic input options for the new D-frame drives include fuses, mains disconnect, contactor (new), circuit breaker (new) and a combination of the contactor and circuit breaker. Additional options include a 230V anti-condensation heater and an optional heat sink access panel for easy cleaning.
The new D-frame drives are available in IP 20, IP 21 and IP 54 enclosures and in the same platforms as Danfoss' renowned VLT drives; the VLT AutomationDrive FC 302, the VLT HVAC Drive FC 102, the VLT Refrigeration Drive FC 103 and the VLT AQUA Drive FC 202.